Les Gets offers the prefect location in The Alps for an active summer break for all ages. Try hiking towards any number of peaks try rafting or have a go at some horseriding. Family activities and events take palce throughout the season and there is always something happening but apart from that it is a charming Alpine village retaining its traditional values with beautiful views of Mont Blanc.
Quite simply it is just a lovely place to spend some quiet time and relax.
Here's some background for you on Les Gets.
Destination Les Gets
Les Gets is in an ideal location; on a col, between two mountains and is perfect for getting around on foot or by bike. The local council have over many years encouraged sustainable transport and numerous pioneering initiatives have been introduced to prioritise pedestrians during the summer and winter including
- Wide pavements and a cycle path in the Rue du Centre enabling pedestrians to stroll in safety. The Rue du Centre is closed to vehicles on certain days during the season.
- Multiple public transport options: inter-resort and intra-resort mini bus service, little train, low emission, anti pollution Euro 6 buses, ‘transport on demand’ (night bus service in winter).
- A fleet of self-service electric bicycles to rent from the spring with support stations throughout the village. • Electric mountain bike rental from certain sport shops in the resort and dedicated electric MTB routes in the Portes du Soleil Mountain bike area. Recharge points at identified locations.
- An ideal base-camp for cyclists. The resort is part of the national “Accueil Velo” - Bikes Welcome scheme.
- During the winter, 20% reduction on a day ski pass and reserved parking places for visitors with electric cars. Provision of recharging points at Perrières.
- And also … electric recharging points for electric cars, electric golf buggies on the golf course, an electric trail bike circuit for children.
The Hotel Christiania is proud to be family owned and managed and in that sense "Independently Active; Actively Independant" in both summer and winter.
If you fall into that description too, Les Gets may be your ideal destination.
- A MTB paradise with 22 lifts open throughout the Portes du Soleil area. (pre-opening at weekends from 26th May, full opening from 16th June to 2nd September 2018.)
- An 18-hole golf course from 9th June to 7th October.
- An Eco Tourism village (low impact transport, nature conservation, environmentally-friendly activities).
- Swimming lake, Wibit, Leisure area from 20th June to 2nd September 2018
- Aventure Park from 25th June to 31st August 2018
- The “Famille Plus” accreditation – guaranteeing a first class welcome for families.
- A wide variety of family activities: swimming lake, Wibit park, Adventure Park®, electric trial bikes for children, wooden merry-go-round, golf, paragliding, hiking, bowling…
As a town it comprises
- Just over 1300 permanent residents
- Around forty restaurants
- Bars, pubs, bowling alley, discos, cinema
- Health and Beauty centre
- Fitness Centre
- 16 000 Beds and a range of quality hotels, rental properties and more
Portes du Soleil Multipass
The Portes du Soleil Multipass gives visitors unlimited use of the lift network throughout the Portes du Soleil for 2 €/day. In addition to the lifts, a huge variety of other activities are also included in this multi-activity card. In Les Gets: the swimming lake, Mechanical Music Museum and little tourist train.
Further afield in the Portes du Soleil area there are: 4 swimming pools, 2 lakes, 22 lifts, 5 cultural sites, 9 tennis centres, 2 ice skating rinks, 3 little tourist trains, an inter-resort mini bus service, 800kms of hiking routes, numerous reductions in shops and services all included in the Multipass.
Rafting in Les Gets
Rafting is the ideal activity to start your discovery of the river. A raft is very stable, can hold from 6 to 8 people, and is easily maneovered with the help of paddles and is a thrilling adventure. The activity is available in Portes Du Soleil (swimmers only) and is open for different levels. Open from may to September is it obviously weather dependant and you should contact the hotel for advice on booking.